ABOUT THE ARTIST
"I am an abstract artist known for my custom colorization. My work reflects a feeling created within a color palette with an emphasis on the way colors layer and affect one another. My vision is to create a mood within the art, adding a hint of a landscape or focal point usually evoking a feeling of fluidity and emotion. My intentions are never to fully define a scene... but to lead viewers to the use of their own imagination and life experiences to fill in the gaps..."
"I am fortunate in that my love is to paint for spaces, not just for what I was inspired to paint but how it needs to feel for a buyer to be able to live and fall in love with a piece."
Carol Benson-Cobb has evolved her body of work into a scaled gallery quality art company. Her passion started with an entrepreneurial spirit, painting rock star portraits for schoolmates. Over the years she developed a love for abstract. She found herself creating pieces specifically for designers with desired color palettes, projects ranging from residential to larger scale. Purchasing her first giclée printer in 2008, evolved not only her creative processes but scaled her art into a viable wholesale business. She launched Benson-Cobb [Studios] in 2012, taking her first reproduction collection to market. Simultaneously, Holly Hunt launched her original works, selling out almost immediately. " I had a choice to make in that moment...to concentrate on building up a reproduction company and become a seasoned manufacturer or continue to create original works... I chose to juggle and do both, which turned out to be one of the biggest turning points for my business."
Her ability to reproduce "scaled gallery quality from an artist's studio" has set her company apart. Maintaining her value to her buyers has always been Benson-Cobb's highest priority. She protects the imagery by creating custom collections and limiting her distribution channels.
April 2016: With the continued growth, Benson-Cobb found manufacturing relief from the reproduction art line within the brand partnership of the John-Richard family. John-Richard's expertise in manufacturing and excellent sales and customer support has enabled Benson-Cobb's team to focus on producing the Original and Mixed Media works.
Interview with Robin Baron (HGTV Celebrity Holiday Homes)
Interview with Mark McDowell, John-Richard furniture and lighting designer.
- April High Point 2017- John-Richard offers the first glass furniture pieces...
- August 2016 Launching a collection of Originals with the Mixed Media options within the Holly Hunt Showrooms.
- August 2016 Neiman Marcus carries the first textile collection applied to upholstered sofa , chair and ottoman.
- April 2016 Brand partnership launched with John-Richard. Benson-Cobb and her manufacturing crew focus on the Original Artwork, Mixed Medias and product development. The reproductions are offered in a large range of standard options available through the manufacturing and sales expertise of John-Richard.
- October 2015 Benson-Cobb High Point Showroom, introduced wallpapers and linen by the yard.
- July 2015 Williams-Sonoma first collection launch.
- July 2015 Benson-Cobb Gallery grand opening Dallas, Texas.
- April 2015 Benson-Cobb High Point permanent showroom launch.
- April - October 2014 Benson-Cobb Suites at Market Square
- 2013 October High Point Market debut - Benson-Cobb Suites at Market Square.
- 2012 Launched Benson-Cobb Studios- Atlanta's January Market followed by Las Vegas and Dallas.
- 2011-2012 Launched her first collection of reproductions under Aidan Gray Home. The first reproduction is sold through Neiman Marcus.
- 2011-2012 Launched and sold a small collection of Original Works with Holly Hunt Miami + Denver showrooms (Dune, Beneath, Winter's End, The Deep, Slated).